Friday, December 3, 2010

Flandercrest Enterprises Grand Opening

Hello, you. You’ve found something I like to call “Flandercrest Enterprises” in case you couldn’t tell from the giant words on the top of the page. I’m willing to bet you either got here from my Facebook page, a direct pleading from me to you, or it’s five years later and my books are flying off the shelves. Any of those ways means you probably know who I am and what I’m about. Livin’ like a champ is what I’m about. “But Mick!” you say, “Why start a blog, a thing you promised yourself you would never do at age 13?” Well, reader who talks to themselves out loud, who hasn’t broken a promise they made to themselves at age 13? 13 year olds are bastards and should not be given any honesty ever.
          
         But as to why I’ve started this blog- people often tell me I’m opinionated. Usually between “Mick, I get that” and “but stop being a buttmunch.” I’m not going to deny these claims, or the ones that suggest I have friends that use playground level insults. I do like to talk about why my things are better than your things, or how come I get to be a buttmunch but you don’t. However, no one ever really listens to me, and instead simply waits till I am done talking to end the argument with “You’re retarded.” That’s why the subtitle of this page is “Mick’s Opinions and Other Irrelevancies”. My opinions are like votes. They are very important on principle, but in the grand scheme of things, I hardly believe mine matters.
               
        What am I going to do with this blog? I don’t know, shoot. What am I, a future telling machine? I’m going to try to write funny things either concerning stupid beliefs I have, comment on some stuff that happens in places (I’m remaining vague on purpose so that I don’t mess up my goals), and maybe even tell some embarrassing stories concerning why my life is poop sometimes. Be forewarned- A staggeringly high ratio of things I write will be concerned about Pokemon and include Simpsons quotes. I’ve already written lots of opinion things thanks to that great class of Oral Comm, and I’m willing to bet that my mind can be angry about a lot of other things, like the fact that cursive is still taught in schools. They should just teach you how to write checks in third grade to save time and effort. But I digress. Don’t expect any sort of regular schedule of updating. Not that you were hanging on the edge of your seat in the first place.
                
        But for now, I’ll be happy with this intro that would be universally panned by teachers the world over.
                
You teach me, and I’ll teach you,

Mick Dickinson

1 comment:

  1. You better hope you're selling books in five years, otherwise recruiters are going to be reading this and saying "Pass".

    Also, how did I never know you were such a pokemon nerd?

    ReplyDelete